WHAT IS MY NEXT STEP?
Call for a free consultation
Find last year's tax return
Copy your identification cards
Gather your tax documents
GATHER TAX DOCUMENTS
FIND YOUR 2021 RETURN
Locate a copy of LAST YEAR’S TAX RETURN. You may need information from your 2021 tax return in order to file this year’s return electronically.
Make copies of:
Social Security cards (Your card and family members that you will claim.)
Driver’s license or
Some of the more common documents you may receive:
· W-2 forms from each employer Your employer should give you your W-2 form by January 31st.
· 1099 forms (Interest/dividend statements, retirement income statements, unemployment compensation statements, etc.)
If you itemize deductions:
· Mortgage interest statements
· Medical Expenses summaries
· Real Estate Tax statements
· Charitable contribution receipts
DO YOU NEED TO
AMEND A RETURN?
You may need to amend your tax return if:
1. You discovered a tax document that you did not include in your original return.
2. You forgot to include a deduction or credit that you were entitled to.
3. You made a mistake on a prior return that you need to correct.